David Bowie 1976-05-03 London ,Wembley Empire Pool.
Sound Quality Rating
101. STATION TO STATION.wav
102. SUFFRAGETTE CITY.wav
104. WORD ON A WING.wav
106. WAITING FOR THE MAN.wav
107. QUEEN BITCH.wav
108. LIFE ON MARS – FIVE YEARS.wav
109. PANIC IN DETROIT.wav
110. BAND INTRODUCTION.wav
201. DIAMOND DOGS.wav
202. REBEL REBEL.wav
203. THE JEAN GENIE.wav
Label: No label
Audio Source: audience
Total running time: 1:29:46
Sound Quality: Much noise ,dull ,but still good listened to
This is the first concert given in England since 1973.
The English,who are always very fanatical anyway, are extremely fanatical during this particular concert. Bowie says he is so bappy to he “home” again, and apparently so are the fans. After introducing the band,Bowie announces Changes: ” … and this song just about represents everything we’re going through in the Seventies, this is called Changes”.
During Rebel Rebel– Bowie starts crying from emotion. On the tape this cannot be heard,but one can hear quite clearly that he is at sea. Bowie calls “Hot tramp,I LOVE YOU SO!” followed by swelling applause from the audience.
This tape has a fantastic atmosphere: a happy Bowie and a happy audience.
The Tour Band – The Station To Station Tour
• David Bowie – Vocals, saxophone
• Carlos Alomar – Rhythm guitar, music director,backing vocals
• Stacy Heydon – Lead guitar, backing vocals
• George Murray – Bass guitar, backing vocals
• Dennis Davis – Drums, percussion
• Tony Kaye – Keyboards
The band became known as “Raw Moon”
• Vern Moose Constan, Rob Joyce – Band technicians/personnel
• Lonnie McKenzie, Leroy Kerr, Lester Burton, Buddy Prewitt, Larry Sizemore – Lighting technicians/personnel
• Buford Jones, Scott Wadsworth – Sound technicians/personnel