David Bowie 1976-05-03 London ,Wembley Empire Pool – Home – Sound Quality Rating
Sound Quality Rating
01. Station To Station.flac
02. Suffragette City.flac
04. Word On A Wing.flac
06. Waiting For The Man.flac
07. Queen Bitch.flac
08. Life On Mars.flac
09. Five Years.flac
10. Panic In Detroit.flac
11. band introductions.flac
13. Rebel Rebel.flac
14. The Jean Genie.flac
Label: from The Hunky Geordie Tapes – HUG108CD
Audio Source: audience
Lineage: TDK AD90 tape (Jean Henri) > Denon DRM-500 tape deck
Total running time: 1:13:31
Sound Quality : Much noise ,dull ,but still good listened to
Artwork: by steve23yh.
This is the first concert given in England since 1973.
The English,who are always very fanatical anyway, are extremely fanatical during this particular concert. Bowie says he is so bappy to he “home” again, and apparently so are the fans.
After introducing the band,Bowie announces Changes: ” … and this song just about represents everything we’re going through in the Seventies, this is called Changes”.
During Rebel Rebel– Bowie starts crying from emotion.
On the tape this cannot be heard,but one can hear quite clearly that he is at sea. Bowie calls “Hot tramp,I LOVE YOU SO!” followed by swelling applause from the audience.
This tape has a fantastic atmosphere: a happy Bowie and a happy audience.
strong>The Tour Band – The Station To Station Tour
• David Bowie – Vocals, saxophone
• Carlos Alomar – Rhythm guitar, music director,backing vocals
• Stacy Heydon – Lead guitar, backing vocals
• George Murray – Bass guitar, backing vocals
• Dennis Davis – Drums, percussion
• Tony Kaye – Keyboards
The band became known as “Raw Moon”
• Vern Moose Constan, Rob Joyce – Band technicians/personnel
• Lonnie McKenzie, Leroy Kerr, Lester Burton, Buddy Prewitt, Larry Sizemore – Lighting technicians/personnel
• Buford Jones, Scott Wadsworth – Sound technicians/personnel