David Bowie 1976-04-26 Stockholm ,Kungliga Tennishallen – Wonderful Wonderful –
Sound Quality Rating
101. Station To Station.flac
102. Suffragette City.flac
104. Word On A Wing.flac
106. Waiting For The Man.flac
107. Queen Bitch.flac
108. Life On Mars.flac
109. Five Years.flac
201. Panic In Detroit.flac
202. band introductions.flac
204. TVC 15.flac
205. Diamond Dogs.flac
206. Rebel Rebel.flac
207. The Jean Genie.flac
Label: from The Hunky Geordie Tapes – HGSS03CD
Audio Source: audience
Lineage: Philips C90 > Denon DRM-500 tape deck
Total running time: 1:30:01
Sound Quality : Not good ,much Noise ,very dull
Artwork: By steve23yh.
Sivert Bramstedt:(‘Dagens Nyheter’)
Wrote rather a negative review on this first concert in Sweden: “Already from the start it is obvious that it are the backing musicians who make the music effective. Bowie’s own thin,light voice sounds out of place in the heavy music and it is hard to hear him through the massive sound. The lyrics are impossible to hear and many musical nuances are lost in the bad acoustics. As a musical innovator Bowie has definitely nothing more to say”.
The audience are enthusiastic and clap along with many a song,and when they want an extra,they all clap together rhythmically and in perfect time.
The Tour Band – The Station To Station Tour
• David Bowie – Vocals, saxophone
• Carlos Alomar – Rhythm guitar, music director,backing vocals
• Stacy Heydon – Lead guitar, backing vocals
• George Murray – Bass guitar, backing vocals
• Dennis Davis – Drums, percussion
• Tony Kaye – Keyboards
The band became known as “Raw Moon”
• Vern Moose Constan, Rob Joyce – Band technicians/personnel
• Lonnie McKenzie, Leroy Kerr, Lester Burton, Buddy Prewitt, Larry Sizemore – Lighting technicians/personnel
• Buford Jones, Scott Wadsworth – Sound technicians/personnel
iZotope RX2 denoiser to remove hiss
Strange metallic kinking noise appears, later songs on side 1. Left as is.
At 2:01 in Station To Station, appears to be tape pause noise – faded-out
Ending of Five Years and start of Panic In Detroit are missing (assume tape flip on original) – fade-out/in
Modest reprofiling of volume (upwards) on Rebel Rebel and The Jean Genie.
Sector boundary errors tidied with TLH.