David Bowie 1976-02-09 Los Angeles, The Forum – Waiting For Los Angeles –
Sound Quality Rating
– 01. PANIC IN DETROIT.flac
– 02. FAME.flac
– 03. CHANGES.flac
– 04. DIAMOND DOGS.flac
– 05. WAITING FOR THE MAN.flac
– 06. WORD ON A WING.flac
– 07. STAY.flac
– 08. TVC-15.flac
Label: No label
Audio Source: audience
Total running time: 0:47:53
Sound Quality : noise ,dull ,but still good listened to
Bowie announces the number: “A very old friend of both yours and mine,Iggy Pop,is gonna do an album with me and this is a song we’re doing on the album,and it’s called Sister Midnight“. It is rather a long version,which is accompanied by a lot of screaming from the audience.
This record gives a good impression of the high standard of the concert:
each song is played splendidly,with great vigour; the audience are quite thrilled,they can be heard en masse, which lends the record a fine atmosphere. Panic in Detroit is performed really magnificently with a long drum solo by Dennis Davis,who imparts a special flavour to the version by making all sorts of funny sounds with his mouth.
The solo stops,and the number is ended with a short solo by each one of the members of the band, “This is a song by my very favourite Lou Reed“ Bowie says during the beginning of Waiting For the Man.
In TVC15 Bowie plays the saxophone for a while; the audience cry out their enthusiasm,although,to be honest,I think it is awful! It sounds rather like a bleating goat!
The Tour Band – The Station To Station Tour
• David Bowie – Vocals, saxophone
• Carlos Alomar – Rhythm guitar, music director,backing vocals
• Stacy Heydon – Lead guitar, backing vocals
• George Murray – Bass guitar, backing vocals
• Dennis Davis – Drums, percussion
• Tony Kaye – Keyboards
The band became known as “Raw Moon”
• Vern Moose Constan, Rob Joyce – Band technicians/personnel
• Lonnie McKenzie, Leroy Kerr, Lester Burton, Buddy Prewitt, Larry Sizemore – Lighting technicians/personnel
• Buford Jones, Scott Wadsworth – Sound technicians/personnel