David Bowie 1997-10-17 Chicago ,Aragon Ballroom – Nowhere –
Sound Quality Rating
02. Always Crashing In The Same Car.wav/flac
03. Jimmy Page Story.wav/flac
04. The Supermen.wav/flac
05. Waiting For The Man.wav/flac
06. I Can’t Read.wav/flac
07. The Jean Genie.wav/flac
08. I’m Afraid Of Americans.wav/flac
09. Look Back In Anger.wav/flac
10. band intro.wav/flac
11. Seven Years In Tibet.wav/flac
12. Panic In Detroit.wav/flac
13. Battle For Britain (The Letter).wav/flac
14. The Man Who Sold The World.wav
16. Looking For Satellites.wav/flac
17. The Hearts Filthy Lesson.wav/flac
18. Under Pressure.wav/flac
19. Hallo Spaceboy.wav/flac
20. Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps).wav/flac
21. Little Wonder.wav/flac
22. encore applause.wav/flac
25. White Light White Heat.wav/flac
26. O Superman.wav/flac
27. All The Young Dudes.wav/flac
Label : No label
Audio Source : Audience recording
Lineage : DAT recorded from “the wrong spot” in the balcony by db digital
Taping Gear : Sonic Studios mics
Recording Location: Unknown
Total running time : 2:08:31
Sound Quality : Good. Equals record or radio/TV apart from a slight noise and some dullness.
Attendance : Unknown
Artwork : None
Show #73 > The twenty-seventh show of the North American Leg of the Earthling Tour. The penultimate show in the USA
A pretty good tape here. Lots of nearby screamers but that was what went down.
Testament to the Sound System if this was the sound in the balcony.
Note that the venue usually allows small cameras, but this was probably revoked for Bowie’s performance.
David Bowie Tour band 1997 Earthling Tour
Superb Bowie Performance From The Earthling Tour. David Bowie’s 20th studio album was originally released in February 1997 on Arista Records. Earthling showcased an electronica-influenced sound partly inspired by the industrial and drum and bass culture of the 1990s. It was the first album Bowie self-produced since 1974’s Diamond Dogs.
The Earthling Tour started on 7 June 1997 at Flughafen Blankensee in Lübeck, Germany, continuing through Europe and North America before reaching a conclusion in Buenos Aires, Argentina on 7 November 1997. On August 14, ‘97, Bowie performed at Hungary’s Student Island Festival in Budapest, where he put on a quite extraordinary show, accompanied as he was by Reeves Gabrels on guitar, Gail Ann Dorsey on bass, Zack Alford on drums and Mike Garson on keyboards. Playing just a few tracks from the new record plus a fine selection of back catalogue gems, the entire show was broadcast, both across Eastern Europe and indeed in the US too on selected FM stations. Previously unreleased this remarkable gig is now available on this priceless CD for the first time..
The Tour band
• David Bowie: vocals
• Reeves Gabrels: guitar, backing vocals
• Gail Ann Dorsey: bass guitar, vocals
• Zachary Alford: drums
• Mike Garson: keyboards, backing vocals
• Mike Garson: keyboards,