David Bowie 1990-08-05 Milton Keynes ,Milton Keynes Bowl – Greatest Hits Tour – (LP rip).
Sound Quality Rating
01. SPACE ODDITY – REBEL REBEL – ASHES TO ASHES – FASHION – -BAND INTRODUCTIONS – LIFE ON MARS.flac
02. PRETTY PINK ROSE – SOUND & VISION – BLEU JEAN – LET’S DANCE – STAY.flac
03. ZIGGY STARDUST – CHINE GIRL – STATION TO STATION – YOUNG AMERICANS.flac
04. SUFFRAGETTE CITY – FAME 90 – “HEROES” – CHANGES – JEAN GENIE – GLORIA.flac
Label : No label
Audio Source : Soundboard recording ?
Lineage : Vinyl rip by Diedrich
Taping Gear : Unknown
Recording Location: Unknown
Total running time : 1:48:39
Sound Quality : very good. Equals record or radio apart from a slight noise and some dullness.
Attendance : 65.000
Artwork : Yes
Tracksplit : No track makers
It was a hot summer’s day back in 1990 that a crowd of 60,000 gathered at the Milton Keynes Bowl to watch David Bowie in concert.
As temperatures soared fans were treated for dehydration, sun burn and heat exhaustion. It was the second time that David Bowie has played Milton Keynes.
It was billed as a farewell as Bowie said it would be the last time he would perform his hit songs of the past three decades. The concert was also attend by fellow musicians Dave Stewart of The Eurythmics and Siobhan Fahey of Bananarama and Shakespeare’s Sister.
“Bowie always someone who’s kept skirting around the edge and because of that you can learn a lot from him.
“He’s always experimenting.”
– DAVE STEWART, MUSICIAN
“I think he’s spawned a whole generation of pop stars. He’s one of my heroes.
“I enjoyed it – I was out there dancing with the rest of them,”
– SIOBHAN FAHEY, MUSICIAN
David Bowie Tour band 1990 – Sound+Vision Tour
Bowie specifically chose a smaller band for the tour, saying in a contemporary interview that “It’s a much smaller sound. It’s not quite as orchestrated as any of the other tours. The plus of that is that there is a certain kind of drive and tightness that you get with that embryonic line-up, where everybody is totally reliant on the other two or three guys, so everybody gives a lot more”
• David Bowie – vocals, guitar, saxophone[
• Adrian Belew – guitar, backing vocals, music director
• Erdal Kızılçay – bass guitar, backing vocals
• Rick Fox – keyboards, backing vocals
• Michael Hodges – drums